Re: Boxes and 3.4

Jason D. Clinton wrote:

> > Because there's a big difference between an integrated, designed,
> > polished, documented and translated GNOME app and something that happens
> > to use GTK, right?
> >

> That's the distinction between Featured Apps and everything else in the
> world. Core is for, well, core OS and desktop functionality that everyone
> can't do without. The only thing requiring approval today is Platform and
> Core.
>
> It certainly belongs in the apps moduleset where it is now so that it can
> facilitate easy jhbuilding. There's no approval required for the apps
> moduleset nor for Feature Apps (which is only a marketing distinction).

Thanks for bringing this as that was certainly the plan but (by lack
of resources in the marketing team?) it fell down and we got back to
square one with the release team "somehow" handling applications, in
this case "Boxes".

"Somehow", because we didn't redefine criterias, in terms of
documentation, schedule, all the things we had before. If people wants
the release team to handle apps, we should get back to some processes.

So I guess my questions are about roles, marketing team? release team?
and consequences.

        Fred