Re: Boxes and 3.4

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 4:49 AM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
<zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Andrew Cowie
> <andrew operationaldynamics com> wrote:
>> We're getting *ransacked* out there in discussions in LUGs around the
>> world (e.g. [1]) because power users are trying GNOME 3 have found it
>> totally interferes with their accustomed workflows. Unhappy campers. If
>> people in LUGs have the idea that GNOME 3 is no use for them, do you
>> really think they're going to push for its adoption in the wider company
>> that they have to support?
>>
>> So the whole discussion about whether Boxes is core or not is
>> ridiculous. If it meets the standards of being a good GNOME app (HIG, oh
>> HIG, where art thou HIG) then it should be endorsed and promoted.
>> Period.
>
> While I greatly appreciate your support for Boxes here, I must inform
> you that Boxes is *not* targeted for IT professionals. For that we
> have virt-manager and oVirt.

   Don't get me wrong please. I'm sure Boxes *will* satisfy many IT
professionals as well and we will try our best to support their
use-cases as long as those use-cases do not conflict with that of a
typical end-user.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)