Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v4)

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 23:21, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:

> Of course, maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps the average user of Linux/GNOME does
> know what GNOME is, knows how to contact the GNOME team

Maybe this is an interesting point to know.
Also from a branding point of view.

Is it important (or not) that users know that, this is "GNOME"?
That it is free software?
That it is made by an international collaborative community?
That the community can be contacted?
That feedback and contribution is welcome?
(shall it be even just a typo in a doc, or a love message)

I feel it somehow wrong if a large proportion of users would just
vaguely know they are using "linux".