Re: Formal complaint concerning the use of the name "System Settings" by GNOME
- From: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- To: todd rme <toddrme2178 gmail com>
- Cc: kde-core-devel kde org, gnomecc-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org, George Spelvin <linux horizon com>
- Subject: Re: Formal complaint concerning the use of the name "System Settings" by GNOME
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 06:39:04 -0400
On Wed, 2011-08-10 at 13:47 +0200, todd rme wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> > On 4 August 2011 07:27, George Spelvin <linux horizon com> wrote:
> >> I think what is needed is a series of more specific alternate names in
> >> a .desktop file, with more levels than the current GenericName and Name.
> > I think the KDE system settings desktop file just needs an addition of:
> > OnlyShowIn=KDE;
> > Richard.
> It has already been explained why this is not sufficient. System
> settings is needed to configure many aspects of KDE programs. Doing
> this will leave Gnome users unable to configure any KDE programs they
I already pointed out a solution that makes it "System Settings" in KDE
and "KDE System Settings" in other desktops. The KDE developers seemed
to agree to this. The problem is solved. Please let's end this thread
and get back to writing great free software.
] [Thread Prev