Re: GNOME user survey 2011
- From: Felipe Contreras <felipe contreras gmail com>
- To: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- Cc: Christophe Fergeau <teuf gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME user survey 2011
- Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 13:52:40 +0300
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> On 1 August 2011 11:20, Christophe Fergeau <teuf gnome org> wrote:
>> Once again, I think things will go this way, we run the poll, maybe 1%
>> of gnome users answer, N% of these respondants answer X, and then
>> we'll get people saying "N% of GNOME users want X, upstream ignore
>> their users!"
> To upstream maintainers, even a "user survey" telling us to do X, Y or
> Z is probably going to be ignored. Users don't know what they want.
True, (common) users don't know what they want, but they definitely
know what they don't want.
Either way, you can ignore the results if you want, but perhaps other
people might find them useful.
] [Thread Prev