Re: Musings on the contacts user experience

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 16:13 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 13:19 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
>
> > In general, then, my current position is that, despite it not being the
> > primary way in which people will access messaging, we do still need a
> > dedicated contacts app. I am open to being convinced that an integrated
> > IM/contacts app would work, but I would want to see the 3 issues I've
> > identified above resolved.

to me it seems that it is not a question of "what", but more like
"where". to me personally it doesn't matter if i can access my contacts
through evolution, a dedicated app or a gnome-shell panel. it is more
important to access my contacts where ever i am, be it my laptop, my
computer at home, my phone or an internet cafe.

an amazing thing would be to have them stored and synchronised (for
example with couchdb) on my computer, my phone and on contacts.gnome.org
as a web-app. as long as all the data stays accessible and synchronised
from all places the ui and user experience is more a question of what
the device and input methods can allow me on that device.

daniel