Re: 3.2: gjs/seed

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 19:12 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> and for 6) I
> think we need to change this anyways.  This leaves reason

Speaking as user of epiphany on webkit - it is now terribly broken.
Certificate handling is broken since 2009 (1.5 years now) which is
security bug as it allows to social engineer users easier (not mention
the poison DNS attach etc.). Bug 594856.

> 4) which I
> admit is just a feeling.

How largely should it affect decisions given both are FLOSS?

7) Embedding Mozilla engine stopped being supported.

> One thing I'm not totally happy with is the organic growth in API in
> both seed and gjs.  seed for example added an "os" module with e.g.
> "fork" which I think is totally wrong; it's just broken to fork() a
> GNOME app, since it conflicts with threads, etc.

I cannot speak for the gjs/seed as I don't know its inner architecture
but not every application

Regards