Re: ThreePointOne: Contacts

On 19/04/11 10:39, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 09:53 +0100, Philip Withnall wrote:
>> Empathy uses the “text/individual-id” and “text/persona-id” drag targets
>> for dragging and dropping folks individuals and personas.
>
> Shouldn't you be using x-something for nonstandard types like these?
> Anyway, we'd need to add corresponding support to evolution too. Also, i
> think the current evolution contacts dialog dnds a vcard, which seems
> like a good thing to do too.

Pidgin supports dragging and dropping application/x-im-contact and
text/x-vcard.

Obviously it's unlikely that anyone will ever dnd between Pidgin and
Empathy, but it would be nice if Empathy supported these MIME types for
interoperability with hypothetical other apps that speak these formats.
(Perhaps Evo already understands both? I can't think where else
x-im-contact would be used.)

Cheers,
--
Will