Idea: Command search

Hi everyone,
I realize that plans for Gnome 3.2 are being determined, and I just want to put an idea out there.
What I'd really love to see in Gnome is command search for every application, much like Mac OS X has *.
This search should reside in the Application menu, and should, if possible, also be based on menu items. Developers should, of course, also have the option of adding commands not available under menus and of adding "tags" to their commands, to make search more relevant.
Do you think this would be possible? Would there be any major hurdles to overcome before this can be implemented (besides with applications that don't use the native GTK menu widget)?

* Mac OS X collects all of the menu commands in each application and allows the user to search for them under the "Help" menu. Here's an illustration: http://goo.gl/xNvoR.