Re: Moduleset Reorganization vs. L10N

Then l10n.gnome.org should make commits in the git.gnome.org version and
the maintainer should only had to pick the translations from there.

No, please do not want to rely on "then the maintaner will commit the files/merge the branch".

He won't, sorry.

This is of course the worst case scenario, but we should be prepared for that. For example, we already have two external deps for which the translation process relies on the maintainer committing po files from Bugzilla. Of these two, one maintainer commits such translations, the other(s) do not[1].

Another similar example is GNU TP, where pot files are updated when the maintainer pushes them, and translations are also committed by the maintainer. These events may or may not happen, consequence is that GStreamer stats are out of sync between TP and Damned-lies[2].

This shows to me that expecting the maintainer to push our translations is not a reliable process (it involves busy humans, yay!), so we should try to search for solutions where the only human involved in pushing translations to the repository is the L10N team's committer.

Regards
Gabor Kelemen

[1]: https://bugs.webkit.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=WebKit&content=translation - no finger pointing really, just an illustration. [2]: Compare http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/hu/freedesktop-org/ui/ and http://translationproject.org/team/hu.html