Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 15:03 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
>>
>> Good point. It's fair to expect projects not using the GNOME
>> development
>> cycle to publish a schedule with freezes.
>
> You would allow modules in the module sets that don't follow the GNOME
> schedule? Then it loses all meaning. Once again, the purpose of the
> release schedule (of which the module sets are just a part) is to
> release software.

I agree here.  I'm not sure how the i18n and docs teams are supposed
to do their jobs if they have to track dozens of different schedules.

Maybe those teams should only devote resources to an application on
the occasion that a release matches up with the GNOME schedule?  This
would allow for apps to have more or less frequent releases, but at
the same time encourage them to have their releases match up with the
GNOME schedule whenever possible.

Sandy