Re: New module proposal: LightDM

From: Sam Spilsbury <smspillaz gmail com>

> Just a few things to note:
> - It seems to spawn about 4 or 5 server instances before it actually gets to
> your session. Is this intended?
> - LightDM doesn't appear to pull in your gtkrc or anything from
> gnome-settings-daemon (eg a11y properties and the like). Will this be
> resolved?

And now that someone mentiones a11y properties...

Sorry, I haven't test it, but just a question. Is LigthDM accessible?
Have you try something like the Smoke Test [1].

As far as I see you are proposing LightDM as a replacement. Are you
proposing to remove GDM as a GNOME module and use LightDM (in the
future)? Or your plan is have both?

GDM is generally troublesome from a11y POV [2], but getting better.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/SmokeTesting
[2] http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/GNOME3#gdm