about me (was: Re: GNOME 3 external dependency proposal (accounts service))

Hi!

> The users panel will be very useful in adding some long sought after
> basic GDM configuration, as well as replacing the horror that was
> gnome-about-me.

While we are on it: Is there a cental place in GNOME3 to get basic user
information (like prefered E-Mail or things like that). It is annoying
when you have to configure a couple of applications with data that's
already there. I really don't want to depend on evolution-data-server
for this or at least not directly, dbus is probably ok.

Of course we might want to have something like "Do you want to share
that information with app xy" for privacy reasons.

Regards,
Johannes