Re: external dependency review for 2.91

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 22:44 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> I looked over the external dependencies for 2.91 [1].
> [1] http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNinetyone/ExternalDependencies

It might be worth mentioning orc [1] somewhere as external dependency or
known dependency of our dependencies, as it replaces liboil in
GStreamer. It's currently not a hard dependency, but that is mostly for
hacking convenience - it's strongly recommended that GStreamer be built
against orc for performance reasons, so should probably be treated as if
it was a hard dependency.

Cheers
 -Tim

[1] http://code.entropywave.com/projects/orc/