Re: external dependency review for 2.91

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> Hi, I looked over the external dependencies for 2.91 [1]. I've bumped
> the recommended versions to current versions in many places. There are
> some places where we need to bump mnimal versions:
>
> For some things, I'm not quite sure:
>
> clutter - bump minimal version to 1.4 ? (gnome-shell claims to need 1.2.8)

We (cheese) are going to need 1.4. Yuvi promised to work on removing
Mx dependency and port the effects selector to ClutterTableLayout
(from clutter 1.4) as soon as possible (today actually but don't count
on it :-P).

> clutter-gtk - ?

At least 0.10.6 as it contains an important bugfix that resulted in a
black stage in cheese.

> clutter-gst - ?

At least 1.3.2 as previous versions had issues with BGR pixel ordering
that resulted in wrong colors in cheese. I guess we could get clutter
guys to release a 1.4 tarball for GNOME 3 if the odd release number is
an issue.

Hope this helps,

Filippo