Re: [Fwd: Proposing new external dependency for Empathy: libfolks]

Le 25/05/10 15:11, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:07 AM, Frederic Peters<fpeters gnome org>  wrote:
Hello all,

It arrived late and was limited to the release team, but as we didn't
announce module decisions yet, if you have any comment on this
proposal for a new external dependency, please speak up.

I would like to know how this will fit with the gnome3 user experience
ideas; will it become the backend for a desktop-wide contacts
application ? Has this been discussed with the evolution guys ?

The goal is indeed to make it desktop-wide, like everything in the spirit of Telepathy. But for the 2.31 cycle, it will probably not be used yet by any other app than Empathy. We don't have API guarantees yet AFAIK.

It is planned for libfolks to be able to use any source of contacts information and merge them. Currently we take only Telepathy contacts, but an EDS backend is on the Roadmap (probably not for 2.32 though).

Regards,
Xavier Claessens