participation in gsoc2010

I am a student from  Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India. I want to participate in gsoc 2010.
I have thought of following ideas for improving gnome.

1. This is about creating a application to customize gnome. The application will
allow users to create new menu items and attach actions with them, and also specify their positioning in the window.
In this way this way, this application would be helpful to create gui for gnome applications easily.
It can also be used to modify gui for already installed application by the users.

2. This one is about adding more features to nautilus.
This includes adding options to sort and arrange files based on size, type, more recent, most used etc.
This will allow users to access their data more effectively and quickly.

I would like to know if these ideas could be pursued as good projects for Google summer of code.

Thanking you,

Vikas Kushwaha