Re: Udisks, Upower, external deps and jhbuild

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Luca Ferretti <lferrett gnome org> wrote:
> udisks[1] and upower[2] have now a tarball release; what should we do on
> 2.30 external deps page[3]? Should them replace or put beside
> DeviceKit-* ? Here is any official module still using DeviceKit-* ?
>
> Plus, any idea about JHbuild? I remember some issues building
> DeviceKit-* maybe related to stuff needed to build (udev, mostly)...
>
> Cheers, Luca
>
> [1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/devkit-devel/2010-March/000758.html
> [2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/devkit-devel/2010-March/000747.html
> [3] http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentynine/ExternalDependencies

udisks and upower are not the same wrt to transition.

David wants a quick transition, and only very few desktop components
depend directly on udisks (most simply use it indirectly via
gio/gvfs/gdu)

Richard wants a slow transition, since there are quite a few direct
dependencies.