Re: GNOME Goal: XDG config folder implementation

2010/6/6 Sven Pfaller <kalterregen gmx net>:
> Luca Ferretti wrote:
>>
>> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/XDGConfigFolders [1]
>>
>> The migration from 2.x to 3.x is a good time to perform this, isn't
>> it? :)
>>
>> [1] note: by now it's only a proposal
>
> Indeed this should be targeted for 3.x.

We have some nice examples to migrate configuration files to XDG
config directory [1] and to put configuration data in XDG_CONFIG_DIRS
[2] (Check the GnomeGoal page)

So, +1 from me.

Note that the application is a target for this goal if:
- the application stores file in an hidden folder others than the XDG ones
- OR if removing the .cache or the .config folders induces data loss
for the user
- OR removing the .config folder doesn't get the application in its
default configuration

See the GnomeGoal for more info.

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/empathy/commit/?id=6fa59ef0e20828af6404821b198468ae3a9ef158
[2] http://git.gnome.org/browse/empathy/commit/?id=e1fa17399fc137a508f195aa6976b5f32189de96