Re: Modulesets Reorganization

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org> wrote:
> It should be the other way around. Applications that are already
> popular don't need showcasing and embracing. It's those unknown little
> gems that need the marketing polish to really shine.

Well known in our community and well known in general are two very
different things. I have yet to meet anyone without a computer related
job or interest in free software that knows what GNOME is.

If we want them to use GNOME, it's even more important that they know
our applications and those brands are even less recognized.

(I did run into a GIMP fan the other day. Someone not in the free
software world. He converted his whole work place from Photoshop to
GIMP.)

Stormy