Re: Modulesets Reorganization

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 6:42 AM, Luca Ferretti <lferrett gnome org> wrote:
Il giorno mer, 02/06/2010 alle 18.14 +0800, Paul Cutler ha scritto:

> To market these apps effectively, they will need to adhere to GNOME
> guidelines and processes.  They'll need to be free software, they'll
> need to be localized, they'll need documentation, they'll need to be
> accessible.  Then, and only then, should we be marketing to them on
> places like GNOME.org.

Who will be in charge to choose those applications?

I suppose we'll still need to propose them on some mailing list and ask
comments from community and groups.

I didn't see anyone else respond to this so I wanted to chime in as a member of the Marketing Committee.

We are all active members of the GNOME Community and we know which apps are popular and are included by default in different distributions. We all use different distributions which choose different defaults; each distribution was well-represented by members of the Committee at the Zaragoza hackfest a few weeks ago.

In short, the Marketing Committee is well-positioned to understand which apps to highlight in release notes, videos and brocures, for example.