Re: GNOME 2.30 and udisks (the module formerly known as DeviceKit-disk)

Le mercredi 20 janvier 2010, à 21:41 +0100, Luca Ferretti a écrit :
> I was rebuilding from scratch my jhbuild sandbox, when
> gnome-disk-utilities failed due to missing udisks pkg-config file.
>
> I tried to search for a released udisks package, but the only one I
> found is a git snapshot here[1].

That's indeed bad because:

 + there's no real release of udisks
 + there was no notification sent about this (even if udisks ==
   DK-disks, there's at least a version bump involved)

I understand the desire to switch g-d-u to udisks in git, but it could
have been done in a branch until there's a udisks release.

I'm sure it will all be fine in the end, but we should all make sure
that git master is always buildable and usable.

Thanks for pointing this, Luca.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.