Re: Module Proposal: Rygel

On Sun, 21.02.10 14:50, Bastien Nocera (hadess hadess net) wrote:

> - The preferences UI is pretty horrible

Should we really keep the UI at all? The options offered therein appear
very esoteric to me, and a trivial addition to
gnome-file-share-properties that would just introduce one simple
checkbox "Share my Music" (and "Share my Videos", yadda yadda) seems a
lot more appropriate to me.

I don't see why anybody would want to disable transcoding or choose the
interface to listen on (Rygel should listen on all of them
anyway...). And the "plugins" pane of rygel preferences is redundant
too. Rygel should use tracker if it is installed and otherwise and
automatically fall back to the gvfs backend. No need to configure
anything there.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net