Re: Proposing libgdata external dependency version bump

Le dimanche 14 février 2010, à 22:25 -0500, Richard Schwarting a écrit :
> Hello.
>
> This is my first time proposing a dependency bump, so I apologise for
> whatever is lacking.
>
> I am proposing a version bump for GNOME's external dependency on libgdata
> from 0.3 to the newly released 0.6.0.  Eye of GNOME 2.29.90 added a plugin,
> Postasa, for uploading images to Google's PicasaWeb photo sharing service as
> part of enhancement bug 600190 [1].  Postasa depends on libgdata 0.6.0 to
> access PicasaWeb.
>
> I am the primary contributor for PicasaWeb support in libgdata, and the
> PicasaWeb support in libgdata is documented and well tested, striving to
> meet Philip Withnall's high standards.  I am also the author of the Postasa
> plugin, which was inspired by Lucas Rocha's Postr and which Felix Riemann
> has very kindly reviewed and added some testing.  I use EoG with Postasa
> regularly.

Note that the eog plugin lives in eog-plugins, so technically we
wouldn't need to look at updating the libgdata dependency for it.

However I guess that libgdata 0.6 is the new stable branch that will get
maintained for a bit, so +1 from me.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.