Re: gnome-panel & gnome-applets?

> What do you mean by this?  Every time I've tested on nvidia hardware
> with the proprietary driver, shell performance has been totally
> usable.  It's not lightning fast, but I don't think any hardware
> change would fix that.

Usable is a rather hard to quantify thing. "Not lightning fast" to some
people (me included) for example is not particularly usable. For me it
took until about Fedora 11/12 before even the compositing was efficient
enough on intel video to leave it turned on without making gimp unpleasant
to work with.

Alan