Re: rendering-cleanup

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010, Benjamin Otte wrote:

> my rendering-cleanup work is pretty much done now...
>
> I'm still in the process of updating the documentation (read: it's
> missing stuff), so if anything is unclear for you, please poke me on
> IRC or by mail and I'll try to clarify it. In the meantime you want to
> read http://blogs.gnome.org/otte/2010/07/27/rendering-cleanup/ That
> page will become the basis of what will be the porting documentation.

Thanks for this. It would be very useful for app programmers if
the "drawing area" unit in gtk-demo could be updated to use cairo
rather than the old gdk drawing mechanism -- particularly for
those of us who never truly understood the gdk mechanism but
managed to get by via copy-paste-and-modify from known good
sources!

Allin Cottrell