Re: gsettings-desktop-schemas & shared gsettings keys for 2.32

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 17:20 +0200, Piñeiro wrote:
> From: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
>
> > I was thinking how to make sure we don't have a real issue with
> > gsettings and gconf at the same time for 2.32, and after some
> > discussion, it seems a simple solution would be to just not ship
> > gsettings-desktop-schemas as part of GNOME 2.32. This means GNOME 2.32
> > would have no shared gsettings keys -- only keys specific to each
> > application.
>
> That means that gsetting-desktop-schemas module was approved?
>
> As Andre Klapper gently pointed in his mail [1] answering one of my
> questions, right now this module is in "might be an option" state.
>
> It was proposed on a bugzilla bug [2], and although some people agreed
> with that solution, it seems that there isn't any final decision yet.

The technical solution was agreed upon, so I don't think that a vote, or
much to-and-fro is needed. It's in. The question is whether it's in for
2.32 or 3.0.

I'd rather it only went into 3.0, otherwise you'll see much breakage in
a lot of applications.