Re: Module Proposal: Zeitgeist

Our current development is heavily based on launchpad.
We are discussing the issue and we don't see a problem to have our trunk from launchpad ported to git with every release. However we do want to keep our development branches in bzr+launchpad. So with every branch merge with our launchpad trunk we can sync it with the gnome trunk. The bigger issue will be bugzilla. We will have to tackle both launchpad and bugzilla simultaneously.

We really like the way our workflow works now, and we'd like to ensure that this work can be synced with gnome thus we are trying to come halfway here. Also as a crossdesktop project we intend to integrate with other projects such as KDE and Meego. This makes launchpad a good neutral ground.

Cheers
Seif

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Cody Russell <bratsche gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 07:15 +0000, jhs jsschmid de wrote:
> > Perhaps an unholy alliance of bzr-git and Launchpad's git-import
> > feature can make all parts happy (at least vcs-wise)? I will take a
> > look at this when I have the time.
>
> I think you should rather see that the other way round - track your
> git.gnome.org stuff using bzr if you are more familiar with it but
> keep
> the "real" code in git.

I think that's exactly what Mikkel was suggesting.  Storing the code in
git.gnome.org, but then using Launchpad's git-import to import things
back to bzr branches in Launchpad so that all the developers can
continue to do their work the way they're familiar with.

/ Cody