Re: Some invalid DOAP files

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 10:31 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> A few modules have DOAP files that aren't valid RDF. This is
> what they have:
>
> <maintainer>
>   <foaf:Person>...</foaf:Person>
>   <foaf:Person>...</foaf:Person>
> </maintainer>
>
> This doesn't work in RDF. Properties like maintainer take a
> single object. To list multiple maintainers, do this:
>
> <maintainer>
>   <foaf:Person>...</foaf:Person>
> </maintainer>
> <maintainer>
>   <foaf:Person>...</foaf:Person>
> </maintainer>
>
> It's a common (and understandable) mistake. It's one of RDF's
> little annoyances. I've already pushed fixes for gtkmm and
> libgnomecanvasmm with Murray's permission. Attached are git
> patches for empathy, totem, and gconf-editor. There may be
> others, but Blip hasn't gotten to them yet.

Maybe someone wants to come up a fix for:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gitadmin-bin/tree/validate-doap
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gitadmin-bin/tree/semi_rdf.py

To fix this? semi-rdf.py is designed as a non-validating parser, so it
is supposed to parse correct RDF and has unspecified behavior on
incorrect RDF. But if this is a recurring problem, then we should make
it catch this.

(With a quick look, startElementNS in the elseL of self.__depth % 2 == 0
needs to check if self.__object is non-NULL and raise an exception.)

- Owen