Re: GlobalMenu Application for inclusion as a GNOME module

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Pierre Slamich wrote:
> The current behavior of GlobalMenu's applet, with all menu items listed in a
> row, does look different from Gnome Shell's application item. There is
> already an submitted issue [1] suggesting to merge all items into one popup
> submenu, as outlined in Gnome Shell's design document, and we can work on
> it.
>
> [1]http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/issues/detail?id=491

Is it actually possible to integrate a new menu into GNOME panel's
Application Menu applet?

It would be nice, for example, if "User Switching Menu" and "Window
Menu" were integrated as well (so you could access all panel menus by
the same keyboard shortcut), but that hasn't happened, so I assumed
that the Application Menu just wasn't an extensible design.