Re: Waiting for GNOME 2.30 (=3.0)

Hi!

Am Samstag, den 12.09.2009, 15:38 +0100 schrieb Uros Nedic:
> As a future contributor of GNOME I would like to ask about approaching
> transition to GNOME 3.0. What do you mean - does GNOME transition
> would experience same problems as KDE did when they introduced their
> KDE 4.0? It was full of vulnerabilities, errors, bugs, etc. It had to
> pass
> one year until KDE 4.2 has been released to say that KDE 4.x is a
> stable
> enviroment. Do we have to wait GNOME 3.2 or 3.4 to be able to say -
> we have GNOME 3.x as a stable and reliable desktop environment?

No, this concerns have been raised on the mailing list and discussed.
Please look in the mailing list archive. In general there is of course a
risk as there are a lot of changes but there is no plan to release a
half-finished product. In case 3.0 cannot be made in time, a Gnome 2.30
could be released in between.

There could be some problems on certain hardware though in case 3D
issues on X11 are not resolved as fast as we hope.

Regards,
Johannes