Re: Decision to remove icons from gnome-panel main menu

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 13:46 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> 2009/9/7 Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>:
> > Am Montag, den 07.09.2009, 12:25 +0300 schrieb Peteris Krisjanis:
> >> Who did a decision to remove icons from gnome-panel main menus
> >> (Places, System and Applications) and why there haven't been wilder
> >> scale discussion about it?
> >
> > Everything has been written and said about this already.
>
> True, but honestly I can't remember anything about categories in
> Application menu.

Actually I thought that there was a patch for this in gnome-panel, to
avoid this corner case since we do wanted icons in the panel
menubar/menu.
Tried a few days ago and had a gnome-panel without icons too, perhaps it
was something with my configuration? Can someone confirm if git master
has this enabled?