Re: GlobalMenu Application for inclusion as a GNOME module

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Ted Gould<ted gould cx> wrote:

> So, I'm a bit confused by this separation.  Does that mean "File->Open"
> would go in the application-global area (it doesn't work on a document
> or window) but then "File->Close" would go in the window?  How are you
> planning on making this distinction on existing applications?

For the near term (2.28) timeframe we're not planning on changing any
applications (and in general, we've been trying to minimize
application changes for compatibility reasons and for simple
manpower/scope reasons).  But by 2.30 we should have an API for
applications to manipulate the menu; how Open/Close sort out would
need some guidelining by then.