Re: GlobalMenu Application for inclusion as a GNOME module

On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 09:44 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Sandy
> Armstrong<sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > Assuming gnome-panel (and therefore panel applets) go away in GNOME
> > 2.30, do you have a plan for integrating GlobalMenu in gnome-shell?
>
> The design for 3 is currently that application-global actions go in
> the application menu area, while document or window-specific ones
> remain in the window.

So, I'm a bit confused by this separation.  Does that mean "File->Open"
would go in the application-global area (it doesn't work on a document
or window) but then "File->Close" would go in the window?  How are you
planning on making this distinction on existing applications?

		--Ted