Re: New module proposal: tracker

On 29/10/09 03:04, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
I think I'm with Zeeshan here.  It looks like you should have some time
to get some real world testing before putting it into the release.  Do
you guys have objection to that?

Regarding real-world testing, yes, I think you're right. We are expecting to be in good shape by the end of the year for the 0.8 releases.

So the current barriers I see is:

* relative newness of the api - will it change further?  You guys should
have some stability

It is quite unlikely. The APIs haven't changed recently. I say that, we just noticed something in libtracker-miner that needs improving (sync/async issue).

But generally, the API doesn't need improving any further. There may be some additions to the libtracker-miner API as we integrate web application support (such as Facebook, etc).

* release process should match with GNOME.

Yes, it should.

--
Regards,
Martyn