Re: New module proposal: tracker

Martyn Russell schrieb:
On 27/10/09 14:50, Sebastian Pölsterl wrote:
Martyn Russell schrieb:
Carlos Garnacho and I did spend 2 or 3 days writing an application
similar to spotlight - although it is just a quick mock up to
demonstrate the speed and ability of Tracker and could do with some
more love. The blog/video about it is here:

http://blogs.gnome.org/mr/2009/09/30/tracker-0-7-released/

Looks very much like Deskbar-Appplet in the very early days to me. You
might just want to write a module for Deskbar.

We have code for Deskbar but it needs updating. Anyway, did I read something about the maintainer not sure if he is going to continue with the new GNOME shell project underway? Just speculation? Or random crap in my brain :)

Well, the applet you developed won't work under gnome-shell, too. Therefore, your solution isn't future-prove, either.

--
Greetings,
Sebastian Pölsterl