Re: New module proposal: tracker

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2009, 13:05 +0100 schrieb Martyn Russell:
> I would like to propose Tracker as a new GNOME module.

The GNOME release-team will soon decide about module inclusions for
GNOME 2.30.

To the GNOME developers:
If you have not commented yet, if there is anything to add, if you have
questions to the maintainer: Please comment now.

I have one comment and I think from a marketing perspective, I would like to see that we are on par with the other desktops. OSX has spotlight, and I believe windows has winfs or at least it has something built in.  We are doing ourselves no favors when we are not feature complete against other desktops.

I am though a little disheartened that they had such a hard time coming up with use cases.  :/

sri