Re: Module proposal: dconf

Alberto> Is there a need to convert user settings? I mean, we're talking
Alberto> about GNOME 3.0 here, most sensible data is stored via
Alberto> evolution-data-server, tracker, or other custom storage so the
Alberto> only difference would be appearance. I don't think that
Alberto> migration is an issue.

Please do convert them.

One of my pet peeves about Gnome is that, periodically, an upgrade has
meant that I have to reconfigure my desktop.  This is no fun.  My
settings matter a lot.  They have value to me, or I wouldn't have made
them.  Or, in reality, made them 3 or 4 times.

Tom