Re: Module proposal: dconf

Le lundi 12 octobre 2009 à 11:27 -0400, Ryan Lortie a écrit :
> I'd like to propose the inclusion of dconf for GNOME 2.30 in the desktop
> release set.

This is great news! I'm all in favor of dconf. Do you have plans to move
to GNOME plateforme? IMO that really should replace gconf for GNOME3,
this should be part of the "cleanup plateform" goal IMO.

However I have a few questions:

 - How do we migrate user settings from gconf to dconf? If it is not
done on GSettings/dconf level, that means that all applications will
still have to link on libgconf to read old values and save them on new
dconf keys at startup, and set a flag "settings converted" so that
conversion is ran only once.

 - Does dconf supports lockdown, so administrators have a way to force a
value for some keys and the user don't have permission to modify it?

Congratulation for your hard work, I hope that will succeed :D

Xavier Claessens.