Re: Branch notifications

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 11:37 +0100, Krzesimir Nowak wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 15:03 -0600, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > Since the git migration, we have automatic notifications for
> > any branch using the standard gnome-MAJOR-MINOR scheme.  They
> > go out to release-team, gnome-doc-list, and gnome-i18n.
> >

> and
>
> > So if nobody objects, I'd like to remove the requirement to
> > send branch notification emails at all.  I'll replace it
> > with something to the effect of "Ensure that a notification
> > is sent to these lists.  If you use a standard branch name,
> > this will happen automatically.  If it doesn't, send an email
> > manually."
>
> Wouldn't it be better to have everything notified automatically when
> branch scheme fits into /(\w+)-(\d+)-(\d+)/ regex?

We have automatic email notifications to release-team, gnome-i81n,
and gnome-doc-list for any branch that matches gnome-[0-9]+-[0-9]+
I really think that's sufficient.  I don't think my yelp-3-0 branch
needed to be announced, for instead.

OTOH, the translation team might be interested in GTK+ stable
branches, so they can update DL.

--
Shaun