Re: Proposal: "What's new"

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 18.11.2009, 10:12 +0100 schrieb Patryk Zawadzki:
> The idea is to add another option called "What's new" to the Help menu
> in all GNOME applications. As the name suggest it would contain a
> Grandma-Readable™ changelog. This means something closer to the
> release notes than to "Fixed #123, foo shouldn't dereference NULLs in
> foo::frobnicate()".
>
> Goals? Two really. One - to make it easier for users to discover newly
> introduced features. Two - to make it easier to write GNOME release
> notes.

Sounds like a nice idea, really. But then I'm facing this question: "How
do I specify version numbers in a grandma-friendly way?"

Do we expect granny to know about version numbers? Do we write those
only for major and minor version changes (like six-monthly releases)? Do
we call the single sections "Changes since Spring 2009" (to avoid
version numbers)?

Regards,
  Sven