Re: Module semi-proposal: gnome-shell

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna
<sriram ramkrishna gmail com> wrote:
> So I was checking to see how popular javascript is compared to the others.
> Javascript is much more popular than our other bindings except for C and
> Java according to this website:

(and Python)

>  http://langpop.com/

Yes, that's a great argument. Also, Mandarin is much more popular than English.

What these pretty graphs don't show is the context. Me, being a webdev
for living am exposed to JS on a daily basis. Not because it's a great
language (it is nice indeed) but because it's the _only_ common
denominator when it comes to front-end scripting.

Now I'm not against embedding JS, just against silly popularity contests ;)

--
Patryk Zawadzki