[Fwd: Re: [g-a-devel] Need your help: new modules being proposed for GNOME 2.30]

FYI...regarding Memphis a11y...

Will
--- Begin Message ---
On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 10:20 -0500, Willie Walker wrote:
> External dependencies: gmime, vala, Memphis (for libchamplain), libdb
> (already approved).

Memphis is quite unaccessible.  It generates an opaque image from
OpenStreetMap data.  This image is then displayed by libchamplain.

But there is hope, now that we have OpenStreetMap data locally, we can
start (planned for later versions) providing feed back information about
what is under the mouse at (x,y), for example a street named "Boulevard
Saint-Laurent".

Hope that is insightful,

Pierre-Luc

--- End Message ---