Re: GNOME 3.0 - shell and applets
- From: Luis Medinas <lmedinas gnome org>
- To: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Cc: Toms <toms baugis gmail com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME 3.0 - shell and applets
- Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 19:14:01 +0100
On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 12:51 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> FWIW, I wholeheartedly agree that lots of people abuse the notification
> area. And I'd like to point out that your own application is doing this,
> here's a screenshot I did a few weeks ago
> because the whole user experience was so.. freaking absurd.. and I was
> overloaded with redundant information.
The whole point of notification area on Brasero is to make user able to
hide the dialog (very common on big media like dvd's and bd's) and see
the status on the notification area and then receive a notification when
the media finish burning.
Yes sometimes we are abusing notification area but the user should be
able to hide the notification area icon.
PS: I'm the Luis from Brasero. Our name is close but not the same.
] [Thread Prev