Re: New Module Proposal. libseed
- From: Xan Lopez <xan gnome org>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: New Module Proposal. libseed
- Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:11:18 +0300
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> Quite apart from choosing which 1 of 2 candidate engines we should
> choose, something seems very wrong if we have to maintain a runtime
> engine for a programming language that we want to use. It's not
> something we do for any other programming languages.
> This strongly suggests that this is not a programming language that we
> should be using much.
We don't maintain the runtimes, we maintain the integration between
those runtimes and the platform. AFAIK we do this for a lot of other
languages, like Python, Perl, Scheme, Java...
] [Thread Prev