Re: Metacity, Mutter, GNOME Shell, GNOME-2.28

Le lundi 30 mars 2009 à 15:20 -0500, Ted Gould a écrit :
> Swappable Window Managers isn't important.  Being able to have graceful
> degradation down to non-composited environments is.

I totally agree with this. There is way too much hardware for which
acceleration is not supported under Linux, and even for those that
support it, the drivers can be so buggy some want to disable them
anyway.

Yes, it’s terrible to make the user experience depend on hardware
support, but there has to be a fallback.

--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :