Re: bug-buddy integration

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Brian Nitz <Brian Nitz sun com> wrote:
> Do we have a list of features missing from bug buddy so maybe we could
> direct some of this energy towards making it (or some standard community
> crash logger)  meet community need and distro specific needs so we don't
> have every distro reinventing this wheel?

I strongly believe we need two applications. A kernel-level crash
logger (like apport) and a bug submitting tool like bug-buddy. The
easiest way would be to make bug-buddy read apport's (or any other
kernel crash logger's) format.

Please note that since apport is system-wide (not user-specific and
not limited to GNOME or even X11 apps) it cannot interact with
bag-buddy directly. It also can't be adapted to use GNOME's format as
KDE guys and (more importantly) system admins still need to be able to
access the data.

--
Patryk Zawadzki