- From: Jonh Wendell <jwendell gnome org>
- To: GNOME Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, GNOME i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: bug-buddy integration
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:56:22 -0300
We from Brazilian team are discussing about the best option to report
bugs related with translations.
An optimal solution is to have bug-buddy integrated into applications,
in the menu "Help->Report a bug or wish". This would call bug-buddy, the
user would select the severity of the bug (translation, bug,
suggestion), enter the bug itself and then would hit the 'send' button.
Simple like that.
Ubuntu does something similar, but the negative points are:
- Ubuntu packagers have to patch lots of applications;
- The bug reports go to launchpad, ubuntu only;
- The launchpad interface is English-only, where bug-buddy is translated
into the user language;
Perhaps bug-buddy could be configurable to send reports to another place
instead of only bugzilla.gnome.
] [Thread Prev