Re: Gnome Desktop wallpaper changer

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Sumit Chakraborty<cool sumitc gmail com> wrote:

> I want to create an application that will get new wallpapers from
> gnome-look.org and change the desktop wallpaper with the users permission.
> Since I am a newbie to Gnome, I want some guidance regarding how I may
> proceed to create this application. Any help from creators of a similar
> application is welcome.

While it would be a good idea to begin with gnome-look.org, at some
point in time, the application should have a feature to allow the user
to add URLs to similar repositories of appropriately licensed art. For
example, to begin with, if the application allows the listing of - top
downloaded, thematically similar, size based classifications, it would
be nice to have.