Re: Gnome Desktop wallpaper changer

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 14:24 +0530, Sumit Chakraborty wrote:
> Hi
> I want to create an application that will get new wallpapers from
> gnome-look.org and change the desktop wallpaper with the users
> permission. Since I am a newbie to Gnome, I want some guidance
> regarding how I may proceed to create this application. Any help from
> creators of a similar application is welcome.

it might be a good idea to add this functionality to the appearance
capplet (System->Preferences->Appearance) which already exists in
gnome-control-center module. Not sure how, but maybe there could be a
button to get new wallpapers from gnome-look.org, or just show new
wallpapers along the other wallpapers directly.

If you want to discuss the details, maybe you want to do it in the
gnomecc-list gnome org mailing list.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>